Thursday, March 27, 2008

Guitar Fest '08 - the final concert and party

The final party was pasta and wine.

In the final concert, John Johns played great. Matt Palmer was again stunning. For the 3rd time, he received the only standing ovation of the TN Guitar Festival. Funny, but by coincidence we were on the same plane on Friday to Atlanta. Me connecting to Orlando, him to Tucson.

I love this photo, from L to R: Tana (in all her sweetness), Matt, Silviu, me and students.

Matt and Silviu are likely to be the finest guitar students I will ever see in my career, it's great to see them together in this photo. Matt is most definitely one of the top ten best guitarists in the US right now (in my highly qualified opinion). He is an amazing player. There was video of his concert and I hope to see it on Youtube soon. Silviu is the Romanian prodigy who is graduating MTSU this semester and has already received several Graduate Assistantship offers from various universities around the US. Matt is finishing his Doctorate in Music at U of Arizona.

My pasta of the night was rigatoni with sauteed onions, garlic, mushrooms, olives, chick peas, diced tomatoes, celery, Italian spices and marinara sauce. As Matt said, "it hit the spot."

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Same pose different platter of food? :P

William said...

Yes, pasta, not paella. Good way to feed 20. I didn't get to start cooking dinner until 9:45 or so, had dinner on the table in less than 40 min. Actually the paella took 50 min. I'm the speed cook.