Monday, May 31, 2010
I played 10 concerts, gave 5 masterclasses, judged guitar competitions, and recorded new music with a Grammy Award winning production team.
Most rewarding was the opportunity to perform/judge at five guitar festivals: Texas Guitar Festival, Tennessee Guitar Festival, Indiana University Guitar Festival, Appalachian State Guitar Festival, and University of Louisville Guitar Festival.
It is always difficult to perform at guitar festivals that include a major guitar competition. Many of the audience members are superb guitarists, doctoral or masters level guitar students, and music professors.
It was great performing in such excellent concert halls. My two favorites were: University of Louisville's Comstock Hall, and Indiana University's Auer Hall.
Photos from the top:
1) Indiana University's Auer Hall
2) Appalachian State University's Rosen Concert Hall
3) University of Louisville's Comstock Hall
4) Recording session at Ocean Way Studio, Nashville. Recording Osterfield's - Klee Abstractions with Todd Waldecker, clarinet and Deanna Little, flute. Recording by Boston based Sound Mirror productions.
5) Leaving for yet another concert with a state vehicle. It's great to be an artistic ambassador for my state and university.
Looking forward to directing the first season of the Governors School for the Arts Classical Guitar seminar for talented TN high school students. I hope this program grows and more high school guitar students become involved in obtaining good quality guitar training.