Friday, June 20, 2008

Trials Training Center visit

After completing a grueling off road cycle trip, I stopped to chat with Charlie and Dan at the Trials Training Center in Sequatchie, TN. This is one of the premier motorcycle training centers in the US.

Charlie gave me lots of tips ... on everything from riding to tire pressure. I should really take some lessons. He also told me about a new state-wide off highway vehicle group that was getting organized.

Also, I got to watch a pro practicing.

To get an idea of what trials cycle riders can do, watch pro rider Andrew Blaine in the videos that I took of him on Wednesday:




Click to see
my favorite trials motorcycle video - Pat Smage - Awesome, don't try this at home.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Sorry to hear about your cartilage.

I can't wait to get back on the road. I've always crosstrained but nothing will ever replace my running.

William said...

I can definitely run without pain and fast, but unfortunately, I don't think 5 days a week of hard training like i was doing for 18 consecutive weeks is in my longterm best interest. My knee feels great, I just run a fast 2 miles about twice a week around 6:40ish pace. I am too competetive to run races without full effort and serious preparation. Running is great, and maybe I will try and compete again, but more likely not. If I don't race again I can retire knowing I never ran a race that wasn't a PR. Competing was fun but painful. I'm not as invested in running as a lifestyle as others I've run with. I've a lot of other activities that keep me fit, so I'll take this as a signal that I shouldn't be so centered around running. I tend to overdo things when caught up in competition.