Monday, February 10, 2014

Concerts and fireplaces

I really loved playing at Otey Parish in Sewanee.   Everything felt good ... the room, the guitar, the music, the people... it really took the edge off for my upcoming faculty recital at MTSU tonight, Feb. 10, at 8pm.  

Last Monday, I did a radio concert / interview for a station in Winchester.  It was unfortunately advertised incorrectly by the local newspaper - wrong date, so only about 20 people showed up.   It was fun to talk about my music influences and background.  But it made it difficult to focus on playing after talking several minutes in between each piece.  It went ok, but no where near as well as the Otey concert.

It's time again for the winter Olympics.... I really love the games.  Watching the Olympics makes a great backdrop for practicing guitar and lute.   I almost forgot how great my wood burning fireplace is at Cedarcrest log house, about three times the size of my fireplace in Sewanee.  I have the last of my split red oak that has now seasoned almost 5 years and wow, does it crank out the heat!

Heading back up to Sewanee tonight after the concert, so I can train indoors at the Fowler Center because it's supposed to be very cold and snowy tomorrow.  Work week starts after 4 on Tuesday. Track meet on Friday in Birmingham.


Otey Parish concert



St. Lukes radio performance / interview






No comments: