Sunday, March 24, 2013

Wild sky

I'm just loving this observatory of sky and weather on the bluff.   I got my high anemometer back up, 41' high. I grounded it well with copper wires and strap, insulated it with electrical tape, and stood it on a brick to keep it from touching any wood, expecting it may be hit by lightning.

We had thunderstorms last night with unusually long rolling thunder.  What an amazing place to watch lightning!  Today a Wind Advisory is in effect and snow is forecast for tonight and tomorrow.  Cold spring.

This morning, my Weather Cat software captured a time lapse of the fog rolling in and out of Champion Cove.   I hope to improve these videos in the future with a better camera position and a better manual focus webcam.

Timelapse movie: 3/24/13  - 6:00am - 10:00am







No comments: