Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The return of an old slow sprinter

I ran my first sprint race at the Ed Temple Classic at TSU on 1/11. I was sore before the race and did not get a good start. I ran with some great athletes and it was a blast. I did not get hurt and it was over so fast. i hope to improve on my pathetic 7.59 time in the next meet.

Nevertheless, my lowly 7.59 is the fastest electronic time recorded thus far this year in the Masters Rankings for the 55m in the 45-49 age group. I'm sure there will be faster times as the season rolls on. Nice to get on the board however.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

...you'd beat me!

Anonymous said...

Not so 'old' and definitely not so 'slow'!

Donald said...

That's impressive. Anecdotally, it seems to me that middle-aged athletes tend to do better in endurance instead of strength and especially speed. If you're in the top 10% or whatever of sprinters in your age group, that's already a self-selected group of freaks, so you're way out there.