Monday, April 16, 2018

Spring wildflowers in Sewanee '18

Glad I got out before the 2 freezes we've had since I took these photos on 4/6.  With a rain storm coming that turned to snow flurries the next day, I got out on the Shakerag Hollow part of the Sewanee Perimeter trail from Greens View.   Writing this on 4/16, we had a light dusting of snow last night and several hours of sub freezing temperatures.  I hope the tender new leaves aren't damage.

Glad I still have some firewood.  Cold today... in the 30ºs. 

Not great photos, some a bit out of focus, took them quickly with my phone.  I like the Dutchman's Breeches (1), and Jack in the Pulpit (4).  This was a perfect time to hike, no one there, a week before the local wildflower festival, and on a Friday morning.  It was very beautiful and peaceful.










No comments: