Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The sound of roaring creeks

2.93 inches of rain Dec. 22-24 recorded at the Sky Castle weather station, this Christmas eve.  

The sound of the roaring creeks here is tremendous.   It's like living by the sea, except it is doesn't ebb and flow, it's constant.   It's particularly awesome at night, even a little scary.  The weather change abruptly today with the cold front.   It was 55º last night, and I had a window open to hear the sound of rushing water to sleep to.    Now, it's 41º with rain and fog.  Was planning on going to the track to train, but I think I'll take 2 days off and enjoy my last few hours of the year here in Sewanee before I travel.

Unlike a lot of my nature and weather videos, this has sound.   Have a listen to the awesomeness of nature - there is no greater church.

I'm off to FL. Merry Xmas, 2014.





No comments: