Monday, December 15, 2014

Fall concerts...

My fall concert season went very well...

My program included the new Handel Suite, 4 Brazilian cafe pieces (including Brasileririnho, my new transcription), Mallorca by Albeniz, and some American fingersyle pieces including 2 Jerry Reed pieces... (Drive In, Jerry's Breakdown).   After hearing Yo-yo Ma and Paco D'Rivera play Brasileririnho, I had to find a way to play it, and I did!  The piece ended my first half.  I also played some old stuff ... my lute set, a flamenco piece, Delta, Bluetude, and Frevo.

In addition to my guest artist concerts at Mississippi State University and Wofford College, I also did a lot of public service events.   These included numerous classes at MTSU - including a 150 member intor to music class, a church service at Otey Chapel in Sewanee, a concert for Adams Place retirement community, and 2 school performances - Centennial High School in Franklin, and Evergreen Charter School in Asheville, NC.   I absolutely love playing for kids and answering their questions, and listening to their stories!

Both college trips were awesome, long drives in the University car.   First, down to Mississippi St. on the Natchez Trace, and then to Spartanburg, SC through the mountains and Asheville, NC.   Wofford College's Leonard Auditorium was quite a grand venue and a decent crowd.  Happy to receive a standing ovation.   The Evergreen Charter School was so cool, a funky young faculty, everyone wore jeans and was comfortable, laid back, and cool.  The kids were polite and smart.  They were very nice and appreciative.  Thanks to Karen and the staff.

A nice fall tour.  Here are some photos...

Wofford College - Troubadour Series 

Wofford College - Leonard Auditorium

On the road through Asheville


Evergreen Charter School - 6th grade
Mississippi State University - after concert 





No comments: