Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Cycle stuff

Super Sherpa gets a new shield.
I'm really pleased with my new quick release windshield for the Sherpa. It's from National Cycle deflector screen It takes 15 seconds to remove it. It was not expensive, only about $75.

When getting on a rugged trail, I'll be able to take off the shield, put it in a bag and bungee it to the luggage rack, then easily put it back on when I hit the pavement.

Check out the photos on my cycle page... the places I've seen with this bike!

I also put a one tooth larger sprocket (14 ) on the DR 100, it runs a lot easier around town, probably more economical. It'll probably get 100 miles per gallon. I found a new gas tank for it, looks good.

Looking forward to the trip to the Smokies where I'll live on the boat and hike, and explore the area with the Sherpa. Check out these pics of my previous trip to Fontana Lake. To me it's a sacred place. Glad to see the Republican movement to build a road through this wilderness (North Shore Road) has been defeated once and for all. Thankfully, the wilderness on the North Shore of Fontana Lake will be preserved! This was the issue that originally got me interested in politics several years ago.

I spent my birthday yesterday playing at a longtime friend's mother's funeral. It was really a wonderful day to spend with old friends and despite the circumstances, it was a very nice birthday. I'm so glad I was able to be there.

Update:
Here's a photo from last year that I like. Indian Boundry Lake, TN, Cherokee National forest (click to enlarge):

No comments: