Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Concerts, practice, lute case

Practicing some nights like tonight til 5:00 am.  Just emailed a fellow local professor about playing a concert at his college in 3 weeks, a ridiculous request on short notice. 

Just getting enthusiastic about my program, wanting to really play it as much as possible before those last 2 important concerts.  

I feel the same enthusiasm I did when I was racing in track meets every weekend, maybe I'm biting off too much?   Nah...

I'm thinking about playing the same program for The Villages as I will for the Universities and taking my lute and 2 guitars.   I bought a lute case from the Czech republic, would have been under $500, but Trump's tariff's cost me an extra $78.   The case itself was $339 + $210 for shipping and tariffs.  


Hope my hand health holds up to more serious practicing.  

No comments: